I am a proud father to two wonderful children: Nicolas (5, going on 15) and Amelie (3). I have another great fortune: they were born in the critically acclaimed (Bordeaux) vintages of 2003 and 2005 respectively. And so, I have a timely excuse to invest in fine wines. Paid a quick visit to the annual Megavino wine convention earlier tonight and tasted some 20 wines. Highlights:
- 2005 Cantani di Monteforte Soave Superiore DOCG
- 2004 Contucci Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG
- 2000 Château Bois de Laborde Lalande de Pomerol
- 2005 Cuvée du Temple Château Bas Coteaux d’Aix en Provence
- 2006 Cruino IGT Rosso Veronese
- 2006 Morattina Sangiovese di Romagna DOC
Those last two reds were well worth the price of admission. Unfortunately, they were not on sale at Megavino or in Belgium for that matter. “We are currently looking for Belgian distributors, sir.” Lame.