Had a formal ‘sitdown’ with my PhD committee today to discuss my progress and plan the final stages of the research process: writing up, submitting and defending. Here’s my strict timing:
- 1 Sept 2008 – 31 Jan 2009: analyze, write, read, sleep, repeat
- 1 Feb 2009: submit empirical chapters to PhD committee for review
- 15 March 2009: process feedback, add intro & outro, layout
- 15 April 2009: submit final version, rejoice, dine here
- late June/early July 2009: defend, party, dine here
FYI, an outline of my thesis in poster format is available on scribd.com. All comments welcome. Heads up to Ellen, Luuk, Jef & Geert for their feedback, guidance and advice. All much appreciated.